Friday, February 26, 2010

Steve Aquilino, Prostodontist



Steve Aquilino is a Prostodontist at the College of Dentistry, and is one of two dentists on this mission.
"I became involved in Iowa Most through Bill LaVelle, my mentor at the University of Iowa from 1982 on. Four years ago I went to Huahuetenango with Bill and it was my first mission trip. I had always wanted to do something like this, and I jumped at the opportunity. It's a type of dentistry I don't do in my practice at the University. I returned to Huahuetenango two years later, and this is my first time in Quetzeltenango.
The overall highlight for me (there are many more individual ones) is the MOST team. It is an amazing thing to come down here and see how this team melds together to work in such an efficient way toward such a positive outcome. It would be great if the whole world could work this way."

No comments: