Saturday, February 26, 2011

Our Final Thoughts

This is the last posting of MOST mission 2011. Some of the team would like to share their thoughts about this amazing experience. It is appropriate to post our thoughts with a photo of one of our MOST children.

“Although every mission has it’s standout patient story, what keeps me coming back is being a part of this amazing group of talented individuals that every year comes together as the Miles of Smiles TEAM. If people could work together like this on an everyday basis, this world would be a much better place.” Steve Aquilino, team dentist

My title on the MOST mission is Pre/Post Nurse. I have the opportunity to meet the families the day prior to surgery, get them ready for their surgery and then take care of them following the procedure. My job is very rewarding in so many ways.

This is my fourth mission trip with the MOST team and each year I find myself feeling a more personal reward than the previous year. When I arrived home this year I was asked by several colleagues if we changed the lives of those we helped, I honestly believe that we did change the lives of those we helped but most importantly the mission changes my life!”

Mindy Bowen RN, BSN

“This satisfies my soul.” Nancy Pacha

“ It has been an honor for me to serve as the author and photographer for this mission. I have been witness to a quality of character in this traveling medical miracle that I will not forget.” Nan Mercier

“If I had the stamina, I’d work 24 hours a day at our mission in Guatemala.”

TrudyWright, Recovery Room Nurse

“Everyone that hears about the Rotary MOST trips says "Oh, that is such a great thing for you to do." But I feel like I am the lucky one: it is such a wonderful experience to be a part of this team; and the happiness/warmth/gratitude of the parents is so touching, it makes me feel so blessed and grateful that I can help. I wish everyone could have a chance to do this.”

Truly, BJ

“A mission such as this truly does make a difference in the life of an individual and their family. The impact of this medical mission is unbelievable.”

Rachel Litwiller

“Happiness is helping others, or... Service above self.” Gary Pacha

“To see so many kids helped with life altering surgeries was truly amazing. I feel blessed to have witnessed the professional and dedicated work of the MOST team and the strength of the children and their families. What we take for granted here at home is only a dream for them. As someone penned on the trip, it was truly soul food for the heart. “ Keith

1 comment:

Jim Lane said...

Great job on the blog again this year. It is always helpful for those of us who are not on the trip to know what a successful trip you are having. Jim Lane