Monday, February 14, 2011

There are moments when the value of our mission strikes at our hearts. That moment happened this morning when Carolina and her mother were ready to leave the hospital and return to their home. Carolina had cleft lip surgery yesterday. Mama holding her precious one-year-old baby came to say her thank yous and good-by. With tears in her eyes and running down her cheeks, she emotionally shared her feelings. "I did not want to take my Carolina out in public. People were cruel. There had always been so much sadness and now there is no sadness. May God grant you many blessings. May God bless you. Muchas gracias..." and again and again and again. And we cried tears of joy with her.

1 comment:

Raquel said...

I posted your entry on my fB. This caption just made me smile and realized once again that the greatest joy in this life comes from serving others... Thank you guys for your great example!