Monday, February 27, 2012

Ruben Zuniga – Team Sterilization Technician



In Iowa Ruben is an ESL (English as a second language associate teacher) at Columbus Community Schools.  At night from 5:00 to 1:30 Ruben is a sterilization technician in the operating rooms at the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics.  This is Ruben’s 6th mission with MOST. 

Ruben says, “In Iowa I was one of the victims of the flood in l993.  Many people helped me out, friends, family and people I did not know.  One night at work Pat Wehrle a nurse at the University invited me on a Mission. I fell in love with the work and what it means to help these people with cleft lips and palates.  I decided this was going to be the way I would ‘pay it forward’, for the good things people did for me in 1993.” 

Another valuable aspect of having Ruben on the team is that he speaks fluent Spanish.

Thanks Ruben for all you give.

No comments: